2020 was no normal year. It’s in the COVID lockdowns, economical challenges, anxiety distress, and whatnot. In all of this chaos. Customer Success was holding the fort. You kept the economical flywheel of your SaaS businesses going all through.
This year also offered a unique opportunity to work with so many Customer Success leaders and learn from them as to what was working and what is not working for them. And so here is the summary of all that I’ve learned in 2021 while working with customer success leaders such as yourself.
- Acquisition growth is dead. It is all going to be Retention lead growth.
- Customer success has once again proven that it makes an impact.
- High Touch – Low touch debate is over, it’s all going to be Remote touch.
- Relationships can really prove their worth in tough times.
- Product adoption is still and will be the ultimate measure of value delivered.
- The duration of your contract matters. Contract term had a huge impact on churn numbers.
- Customer Success leaders and their leadership skills were put to test. You came out a winner.
- Customer Success. We’ll have a permanent seat on the product roadmap.
- Having defined, structured, organized Customer Success processes allowed businesses to go from in-person, in-office Customer Success practice to remote without any hiccups.
- Customer Success technology is the ultimate enabler to delivering proactive customer success.